{ PREVIOUS_SCROLL } { NEXT_SCROLL } { STOP_SCROLL } { START_SCROLL }
  • http://www.azaqua.nl/
  • http://www.bart-visscher.nl/
  • http://hengelsporthuis.com/aanmeldformulieren/af-houdenvanvissen.aspx
  • http://www.nbat.nl/

Cam Newton and the Panthers are proving

Cam Newton and the Panthers are proving

Berichtdoor chenyan94 » 14 jan 2019, 07:57

they can win without throwing the ball deep down the field.The 2015 league MVP has attempted 16 passes 鈥?and completed just three 鈥?that have travelled longer than 20 yards in the air this season https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/Da_Norris-Searcy-Jersey , according the NFL’s Next Gen stats. That’s far fewer than most other NFL quarterbacks. Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes, for instance, has completed 17 of 42 passes beyond 20 yards, with eight of those going for touchdowns.Newton said the lack of vertical passing game isn’t something he’s concerned with entering Sunday’s home game against the Ravens (4-3), especially with his team 4-2 this season.“When you are moving the ball, people say why aren’t you taking many shots downfield?” Newton said. “When you take too many shots downfield and it’s not there and you start forcing the ball, they say why can’t you protect the ball? So our thing is we turn our ears to mute and take what the defense is giving us. When we have opportunities to take shots down the field trust and believe nobody loves touchdowns more than I do 鈥?and if it’s there I’m going to take it.”Added Newton: “If not, you just live to fight another day.”Coach Ron Rivera likes that approach, saying he is just fine with how Newton is playing. Newton has completed 11 touchdown passes this season and has four interceptions and has a solid 94.7 QB rating.“I think the quarterback is very efficient with (the ball) right now,” Rivera said. “There’s no reason to panic.”The formula seems to be working for the Panthers, who are winning games behind Newton’s heroics.Three weeks ago against the Giants the eighth-year QB rallied Carolina back in the final seconds Greg Van Roten Color Rush Jersey , leading a drive that set up Graham Gano‘s winning 63-yard field goal. This past Sunday Newton brought the Panthers back from a 17-0 deficit on the road against the Super Bowl champion Eagles with three TD drives to finish the game, earning him his 10th career NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor on Wednesday.Rivera said when the game is on the line Newton has the same mentality as Michael Jordan, a six-time NBA champion who many still consider the best basketball player of all time.“He’ll come up and say, ‘Put it in my hands, coach. Trust me,'” Rivera said of Newton. “Michael Jordan used to say, ‘Certain guys want the ball when it’s crunch time. Other guys just don’t seem to come off the picks the way they’re supposed to.’ I’ve told that to Cam, and Cam has always wanted the ball.”Although the Panthers still looking stagnant at times on offense 鈥?including the first three quarters against the Eagles when they managed just seven first downs and no points 鈥?Newton seems adjusting well to new offensive coordinator Norv Turner’s scheme, which features more check downs and screen plays than the Panthers have typically run in the past.“When we get into the logistic things of football, and what the defense is giving and what they aren’t, you can’t just go down and chuck the football downfield and just expect https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com , ‘Well, we didn’t take shots in the game,'” Newton said. “That’s not what good teams or offenses do. We don’t let the defense dictate to us, we dictate to the defense. So that’s been our approach.”With the emphasis focused on shorter routes, Newton is completing a career-high 65.6 percent of his passes, well above his career average of 58.9 percent.So while Newton says he likes the big play as much as anyone, he seems fine with Turner’s philosophy 鈥?as long as the Panthers are winning games.“Whatever Norv and his offensive staff calls it’s my job as the quarterback to execute it,” Newton said. “If I see anything otherwise, it’s my job to make the proper audible. If not, then run the play.” CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Panthers drafted wide receiver D.J. Moore in the first round this past April because of his ability to make plays after the catch.But Moore’s gift for turning nothing into something got him into trouble last Sunday after fumbling twice — once following a reception and again on a punt return — while fighting for extra yards. The Redskins turned those two turnovers into 10 points and defeated the Panthers 23-17.The Panthers are not fazed by the miscues Carolina Panthers Customized Jerseys , and coach Ron Rivera plans to continue to target the speedy Moore.“This is all about building confidence,” Rivera said. “D.J. is going to be a part of what we do for a long time. …. I’m not too concerned about punishing players for making mistakes as much as we are about developing and making sure they are learning and growing.”Moore spent the week “learning” by watching film of other receivers and how to carry the ball and how not to carry the ball. He’s been working on his technique in practice with coaches.“Young guys have to learn the hard way sometimes,” Panthers offensive coordinator Norv Turner said. “There is a certain way you have to carry the ball when you are in traffic. You do have to understand, particularly on the punt return, that there are five guys around you, and you are not getting out of that mess — so just get down.”Moore is hoping a return to his hometown of Philadelphia on Sunday will help turn things around.“Every time I get the ball I just have to have two hands on the ball once I get in traffic,” Moore said.The Panthers (3-2) would have a tough time keep Moore off the field because he is so dangerous when he has the ball.He showed off his speed, quickness and big-play potential in Week 2 when he caught his first NFL pass over the middle from Cam Newton and turned it into a 51-yard touchdown, seemingly shifting to a different gear while outrunning the defense to the end zone.But he’s drawn some criticism early this season because his numbers don’t match up to Atlanta wide receiver Calvin Ridley, who was drafted 26th overall — two spots behind Moore. Moore has 10 receptions for 162 yards and one score in five games. Ridley has 22 catches for 349 yards and six touchdowns in six games, although he has the luxury of playing opposite one of the game’s best wide receivers in Julio Jones.Panthers wide receiver Devin Funchess said any concern over Moore is unwarranted Carolina Panthers T-Shirts , and that people simply need to allow him to develop.“I tell him all of the time, he’s an athlete. He’s a playmaker,” Funchess said. “When he breaks a tackle, you all love him; if he drops the ball you all hate him. But once he gets in a rhythm and gets comfortable he’s going to be all right.”The even keel Moore doesn’t let much get to him, and he’s not about the start now.Moore said most of his family is outspoken, but he and older brother don’t show their emotions too often. He doesn’t watch any NFL games when he’s not playing, instead spending his free time watching cartoons on Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton dubbed him “Sleepy” because he looks like he’s about to fall asleep.So the 6-foot, 215-pound Moore isn’t stressing over a couple of mistakes.“I just have to go out there and help the team win and not turn the ball over,” Moore said. “That’s the main goal for this week.”
chenyan94
leerling
leerling

Keer terug naar Tanganyika cichliden