• http://www.azaqua.nl/
  • http://www.bart-visscher.nl/
  • http://hengelsporthuis.com/aanmeldformulieren/af-houdenvanvissen.aspx
  • http://www.nbat.nl/

Coach Adam Gase, ever loyal to Tannehill

Nieuws, actualiteiten en achtergronden

Coach Adam Gase, ever loyal to Tannehill

Berichtdoor zhangzk » 13 aug 2019, 05:48

With three offensive linemen hurt http://www.carolinapanthersteamonline.com/greg-little-jersey , Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill was feeling the heat Monday.From his critics, that is.Tannehill took a pounding in the Dolphins’ latest defeat Sunday at Cincinnati, and then caught plenty of blame for his team’s second ugly loss in a row. mounted a modest defense by noting problems with pass protection.“I don’t think he was horrible,” Gase said. “When a (teammate) gets beat so fast he can’t defend himself unless he’s Houdini, not many guys are getting away.”More Miami Dolphins newsDolphins sign hometown WR Allen Hurns to 1-year contractNew Dolphins coach Brian Flores has his own daily workout at training campDolphins assistant coach Jim Caldwell takes leave of absence to address health issuesTwo-time Pro Bowl safety Reshad Jones rejoins Dolphins after skipping voluntary practicesDolphins QBs Josh Rosen, Ryan Fitzpatrick embrace battle for No. 1 jobThe Dolphins are 3-2 and tied with New England for the AFC East lead, but it hardly feels that way. In the past two weeks they’ve lost at the Patriots 38-7 and blown a 17-point lead at Cincinnati , leaving Gase forced to address the question of whether Tannehill remains his starting quarterback (the answer was yes).Tannehill took responsibility for the Dolphins’ collapse Sunday, when they were outscored 27-0 by the Bengals in the final 21 minutes left and lost 27-17. His ill-advised pass under pressure was intercepted and returned for a touchdown, and a strip sack produced Cincinnati’s final score.“It all started with the turnovers,” Tannehill said. “That’s on me.”In Tannehill’s defense, he was hit 11 times in the second half. Protection by Miami’s injury-riddled line disappeared after left tackle Laremy Tunsil was sidelined with a concussion.This season’s offensive line was expected to be the best Tannehill has played behind, but instead the perennial problem of poor pass protection persists. The Dolphins lost left guard Josh Sitton and center Daniel Kilgore to earlier season-ending injuries.“Anytime starters go down, it’s hard,” Tannehill said.When Miami was 3-0 Will Grier Jersey , Tannehill had a quarterback rating of 121.8. But in the past two games it’s 54.0, with one touchdown pass, four turnovers and five sacks. He has struggled mostly on third down and late in the game, a career-long pattern.No letup in pass pressure is likely this week, when the Dolphins face the Chicago Bears (3-1) and Pro Bowl end Khalil Mack, who has at least one sack and at least one forced fumble in every game.How will the Dolphins slow Mack down?“You’re not going to slow him down,” Gase said.Sam Young flopped as Tunsil’s replacement in Cincinnati. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said the Dolphins missed Tunsil, especially because they left Young in one-on-one situations.“It makes a difference when you lose a tackle at this level of football,” Lewis said. “And they didn’t seem to want to help the guy when they left the guy out there. Our guys did a nice job. We had blood in the water, and we went after it.”Gase said he’ll re-evaluate the line this week and make “a couple of decisions” regarding who plays where.“We’ll figure it out,” Gase said. “That’s what we do. They’re not going to stop the season. We’re going to play next week no matter how many guys we’ve got.” DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Third-year pro Kenyan Drake has been with the Miami Dolphins longer than any other running back on their roster, which gives him seniority of sorts — except that new backup Frank Gore is 35 years old.Even so, Drake considers his maturity an asset for a change entering his first full season as the starter.He performed well in the No. 1 role after starter Jay Ajayi was traded to Philadelphia at midseason last year. Drake gave Miami a much-needed big-play threat, had back-to-back 100-yard games, finished with 644 yards rushing and averaged 4.8 yards per carry, which ranked sixth in the NFL.Drake has touchdowns of 96 http://www.carolinapanthersteamonline.com/christian-miller-jersey , 66, 45 and 42 yards for the Dolphins, with the longest coming on a kickoff return. But as they prepare for another season during this month’s OTAs, Drake said he should have made more of an impact sooner.The third-down draft pick out of Alabama in 2016 had only a small role his first year.“My rookie year was a big learning experience,” Drake said Tuesday. “I just wasn’t mentally prepared to handle the workload of an everyday starter. I came up short.”Now, he said, he’s ready. And he needs to be, given typically heavy recent roster turnover.“I’m the longest-tenured running back, which is pretty interesting,” he said. “Two years ago I was coming in fresh-faced. Funny how time flies. I’m definitely embracing this role, and trying to help this team win a lot more games in the coming years.”He said he’ll benefit from guidance by Gore, the NFL’s active career rushing leader, who signed with his hometown team as a free agent in March.“I always remind Frank that when he first came into the league, I was in fifth or sixth grade,” Drake said with a chuckle. “If I have half the success he has had in his career, that would be a win in my book.”Coach Adam Gase expects a lot of success for Drake, and confirmed the young pro has matured.“When you’re in this league Jordan Scarlett Jersey , sometimes there’s a little bit of a feeling-out process,” Gase said. “You’re trying to figure out, who are you? You’re starting to get older. You really realize this is a job, and it’s different than college.“I see a different guy — the way he prepares, knowing the situation he’s coming into this year. I think we just have a guy that’s really looking to bust out.”Drake is part of a much different offense this year. Ryan Tannehill returns at quarterback after missing all of last season because of a knee injury, and the Dolphins added several new pass targets and two starters on the offensive line.Miami sputtered to a 6-10 finish in 2017, and the dismal season was a new experience for Drake, who lost six games in four years of college.“I love to win,” he said. “That’s why I went to Alabama.”The championship pedigree was one reason the Dolphins drafted Drake. It also factored into their decision to take Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick in the first round of last month’s draft.Good choice, according to Fitzpatrick’s former and new teammate.“At Alabama, Minkah was a professional from the jump,” Drake said. “It’s rare you see a freshman come in and have that mentality of, `I want to work, I want to be the best.’ I feel like he is going to be in this league a very, very long time.”
zhangzk
ingewijde
ingewijde

Keer terug naar Nieuws